Government View of Construction
On March 26, 2020, BC Government declared construction an essential service, deeming our industry a “daily service essential to preserving life, health, public safety and basic societal functioning.”
Dr. Bonnie Henry, provincial Health officer, stated, “We must continue to build, repair and maintain the critical infrastructure our communities rely on to sustain themselves – roads, hospitals, schools and homes. And we must do this within the safety directives mandated by the Provincial Health Officer.”
What we are doing
The health and safety of our team and clients is a top priority for us. We are following the recommendations of the BC Center for Disease Control (CDC) and continue to monitor the situation making adjustments as recommended. Here is what we are doing at this time with this great responsibility.
Virtual Consultations and Meetings
- We are conducting meetings on different platforms that are most convent for you. It could be via phone, skype, Facebook, Zoom, Google Hangouts. If you have never done this before, it is easier than you might think.
- We are conducting design meetings remotely via video. Having material suppliers send samples to your home directly vs visiting showrooms when possible.
In-person Client Interactions & On the Job Site
Here are a few of the things we are doing to maintain a healthy and safe work environment for our team and clients.
- If a team member shows the symptoms of the COVID-19, we are telling them to stay home for at least 10 days as recommended by CDC and consult with a doctor
- If a team member is returning to British Columbia, they have to stay home for 14 days
- Maintain a 2m (6 feet) distance from one another
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
We have communicated with our staff that the CDC advises that washing our hands and avoiding touching our faces is the best way to prevent infection.
- Washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, alcohol-based hand rubs (ABHR) can be used to clean your hands. We have made this available to our employees
- Do not touch our face, eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
We will do what we can to protect your health. We expect that same form in return. If you have had any exposure or experience any illness, please let us know in advance, and we can adjust accordingly.
Virtual Kitchen & Bathroom Seminars – More info coming soon!
We are in this Together
We realize these are challenging times and want to support you by creating a space to suit your needs. With interest rates at an all-time low, suppliers and trades looking for your business. We are happy to discuss this opportunity that hopefully won’t last long.